What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are fixed prosthesis supported by neighbouring teeth to replace teeth which are missing. The false tooth is fused with crowns either side of the gap which are supported by the neighbouring teeth and thereby bridging them together.
When Are Dental Bridges Needed?
Dental Bridge can be used to replace missing teeth to
- Improve smile and aesthetics
- Prevent teeth either side of the space from tilting
- Prevent gum disease due to food trapping in the gap
- Evenly distribute the force generated from biting/chewing
- Shape of face
What Are Dental Bridges Made Of?
- Full Porcelain (tooth coloured)
- Full Metal
- Porcelain bonded to metal (tooth coloured)
Advantages & Disadvantages Of Bridge
What Are The Advantages Of Bridge?
- Aesthetically, they appear like natural tooth
- As they are supported by real tooth, they feel like real tooth when eating.
- Normally only require 2~3 appointments.
- They normally last between 10~15 years provided they are well looked after.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Bridge?
- Teeth becomes sensitive to hot and cold for a few weeks after the bridge is inserted.
- Teeth either side of the gap needs to be trimmed to create space for the bridge.
- Stringent daily oral hygiene routine need to be followed to prevent food accumulating around the bridge.
Call us 07 3824 4488 for your interest in Dental Crown
We always welcome new patients whether you already have a crown or just need routine hygiene services. Just let us know what you need, and we will do our best to offer you the right services.