Our Specialty Services for Children from Zero to Six Years old
Teaching your child how to brush their teeth at an early age is extremely important. Of course, it is your responsibility as a parent to carry out this duty when they are old enough to listen and understand. However, you can ingrain these positive habits in them as early as possible to help them have healthy teeth for as long as possible.
Important tips in taking care of your child’s teeth
- Taking care of the first set of teeth increases the likelihood of the second set will grow properly in place.
- Baby teeth actually start to form before he or she is born until the child is three years old.
- Thumb and finger sucking could alter teeth position in children more than six years old.
- You need to be careful about what you give your child to drink before bedtime as it can cause tooth decay.
- Children seem to be less scared if you are honest to them about your dental experience.
- Dental visits should be scheduled as early and routinely as possible.
We dedicate ourselves to explaining to children all aspects of receiving dental care. We have resources available to help you prepare your child’s first and subsequent visits. They might be curious about what kinds of tools are used during cleaning. They also might want to know that you are there with them and that they are safe when we are treating them.
Most importantly, we try to make every dental visit as fun as possible for them. We will try to provide visual education for them where possible. We also use various forms of positive reinforcement to help your children stay accountable in taking care of their own teeth.
Give your children a head start
We want to help you give your children a good start in taking care of their teeth. We will do whatever we can to help them overcome their fears as well. Most children commonly do not have tooth decay (although it does happen in rare cases). Therefore, convincing them that their dental visits will not hurt usually is not that hard if you can get them to trust you. In situations where your child is required to have anesthesias, we can also help calm them using soft music. We also provide them with humorous antidotes or whatever else we can to keep them relaxed.
Book your child in for our gentle dental treatment 07 3824 4488
For your child’s next check up or specialist service, call our dental practice in Alexandra Hills to make an appointment.